Hi there! Glad you stopped by.
I read a lot, and then I write the kinds of things I enjoy reading. Some of that is here on this blog and a lot of it is in the form of a manuscript for a fantasy novel I’m working on getting out into the world. My husband Terry and I have been living abroad in China since August 2013 and baby Sander joined the craziness in 2015.
I spend my days kissing squishy baby cheeks ???, working on my fantasy novel, reading, and trying to find familiar ingredients to use for dinner (I mean, it’s been two years in China now, shouldn’t I have this figured out?!).
Here on the blog you’ll find our everyday moments that make up this adventure we call life- whether that’s dealing with living in a country where I don’t speak the language, eating my way through a good book, snuggling the baby, or desperately trying to find real food (that please, for the love of everything good, is fast and easy (also cheap) (and mostly delicious)) to put on the dinner table.
If you like traveling, stuffing your face with yummy food, hanging with the fam, and losing yourself in a good book, you’re in the right place. Welcome!
Looking for a good place to start? May I suggest . . .
- You drool over some delicious French food in dreamy places?
- You laugh at the absurd translations I see when I’m out and about?
- You take a peek at the book I’m working on?
- You comfort yourself in knowing that even the longest most boring nights eventually end (and often lead to a fun story!)?
- You fuel your wanderlust with pictures of Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Thailand, and Paris?
- And if you’re into birth stories, you can read all about how I gave birth in a foreign country here, here and here! (It’s a long story. It felt even longer to live through, trust me.)